Science:

I am an international student from China. When I was in the Chinese elementary school, my impression about science was based on listening to the teacher’s lectures, rote memorization and standardized tests. I had no fun experiences with science until I got to the international high school in China. I was provided with the opportunity to do hands-on experiments, go out for field trips and etc there. Since then, I started to love this subject and I got proficient grades. According to my own experiences, I believe that science in schools should be fun and engaging for students so that they can develop their interests and are willing to investigate more. Science is a way of knowing. By studying science, we need to describe and explain the world around us. I believe that in a science class, teachers should stimulate students’ curiosity and interests to explore their surroundings, ask questions, form hypothesis and even design their own experiments to test their potential explanations when they are capable to do that. This allows students to develop their thinking skills, hands-on skills and creativity.